Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Journal of Cassandra Kane: Her Adventures in the Wild Wild West

Dime Novel: Angels & Demons

Real World Date: February 2009

Game World Date: April-May 1879

Season Two, Episode Nine

April 1-7, 1879

We settle in to Virginia City – Mr. Conkling has found us some place to live.   Aieslyn and I do more research on the demon and the chains.   In the first week Reggie & his brother leave. He says he has Agency business.

April 8-14, 1879

I have a conversation Mr. Conkling.  Fairfax & his men arrive – we have our conversation. He give me an Ivory bracelet to help keep the bad dreams away and it’s supposed to keep someone – the Major – from possibly seeing through my eyes.   Marguerite & the Captain arrive; the Captain stays with his men.

April 15-30, 1879

Corman invites Aieslyn and I to go see ‘his’ Injuns. They live further away in Nevada. He says that Aieslyn could learn a lot about doing magic from them. He tells us that he is half Injuns – Sheshawne Tribe – his mother is Injun – Hianna. The Elder is Wandering Deer.

Along the way Aieslyn tells me & Corman about how she have feelings for the Captain. But she has them for Mr. Parker too. And she’s been biblical with Mr. Parker – I should talk to Mr. Parker about marrying her because it’s not proper what he did without them being married!!! Corman is all cranky that she has feelings for two people in our group and that it’s gonna cause problems. I should probably talk to the Captain about not having a duel with Mr. Parker over Aieslyn.

At Sheshana camp a tough old lady makes Corman cut firewood, fix tents, and do all sorts of chores. He laughs and gets to work. He later tells us that is his mother. She drags Aieslyn off to be with the medicine men and she kills buffalo and sits in sweat tents, and says she’s learning stuff. I don’t understand that part of it.

I play with the kids and learn new games. I also help around the camp making stuff, and putting things together and helping cook dinner. They are very nice and talk to me, of what I can understand, but they let me help them and teach me stuff.

At the end of the 4 days there we see a Ghost Dance. I can actually understand some of what they are doing. It’s all beats and math. Aieslyn says she can’t do that, her rituals would be different but I tell her I think I might be able to help. We haven’t done a ritual together since the “Lost Cave”.

May 1-12, 1879

General Sheridan is running the Union army out here.

For Lincoln is still there but under siege. Freedom has been destroyed. Sacramento is also under siege.

May 12, 1879

Mr. Conkling calls a meeting. He did say he would talk to everyone after the conversation we last had.

It really doesn’t go well. No one really comes up and says that have an issue with Mr. Conkling even though they do. Guess they don’t care about working for someone they find suspicious.

The knife is connected to the Lost Cave and that used in conjunction with other items it could be a powerful item without the hindrance of dementia – that and not to spend too much time with the weapon.

I give up.

If/when I get to lead a group of Wanderers I’m going to make sure we all have the same goals in mind and it’s more than just a paycheck. That they know the difference between good and evil and know that people need a chance.

Divinations on Reverend Grimm have just shown a long sheet of white parchment. The theory is he wrote something that Conkling’s researchers call is the Grimme Prophecy. Supposedly he wrote when them down and ripped them up and scattered them. Hopefully finding the pieces will give us an insight into destroying him.

Grimme is trying to create a Deadland in order to give power to the Reckoners. So they can return to this mortal coil.

The Major hasn’t been seen since his attack on Freedom.

Aieslyn also talks about the ritual options we have researched to come with trying to deal with the Major. There’s a lot of argument about which one to do. Marguerite thinks the Captain should kill himself. Reggie, Murphy, and the Captain vote for option C – where we have to fight Asmodeous but it will be hard and people cold die. Aieslyn, Corman and I vote for option E – where fate is righted and we see where it falls. There’s lots of yelling and arguing. Reggie finally changes his vote to our but only after making sure that Aieslyn is confidant that she believes she can do the ritual.

She takes off in a huff and goes to get the ingredients needed for ritual and set up. I go with her and help some. Then before she’s just about ready to start I finally some time alone with the Captain to tell him about the last of his men held captive by the Major. That they were killed but that the Father may still be alive.

He says that he understands what I said back in the meeting and that I shouldn’t give up trying. He knows it’s hard but that I should be strong. I tell him a bit more about the Major attacking us at the house. And how the Major’s changed his blue light ritual, how it keeps the teleporter from getting away. The Captain said to be careful, that the Major is going after people that are important to him.

When Aieslyn is ready for the ritual everyone shows for the ritual those that participate sit up closer, those that don’t – Marguerite & Murphy stay on the sidelines and watch.

There’s 3 Ravens flying around, lots of light, wind, and the visions of a lady with 2 spears. This all takes about an hour.

It ends with the candles being blown out.

Nothing much seems to have happened but then Jonathan flies up and starting bird chatting at Aieslyn.

She tells us that he says the other options have changed slightly.

The Horseman of Death is Stone.

Angel of Death is the Captain because of the hat.

Also because Aieslyn wasn’t that strong in doing the ritual those that did not want to participate in the ritual still did because of our bond that we got a while back when fighting Anubis.

Marguerite gets mad and walks off after hearing that.

May 13-17, 1879

We make plans to do the ritual at the Lost Cave. Option C that involves someone dying by fate (where as before it was definitely the Captain)

The plan is to do the ritual to summon the Major while our other forces are attacking Freedom to take it back. The idea is that without their leader there they will fall apart.

Mr. Parker & Mr. Conkling and Fairfax and his men are coming with us as well.

And head off to the Lost Cave.

May 19, 1879

We get to the Lost Cave and prepare to start the ritual.

Aieslyn, Marguerite and I do the ritual in the room.

Reggie, Corman, Jeff, the Captain, Mr. Conkling, Mr. Parker and 4 of the Captain’s men are in the room with us.

Mr. Fairfax and his men stay outside the cave.

Room is engulf in darkness, then light, then darkness, then light, and in the light we see some monsters when the light finally stays on the Major appears. He looks confused and then starts chanting. Suddenly demons fill the room with us.

We fight the demons and the Major and hear fighting from outside too. More demons keep showing after we kill a bunch.

Finally after almost everyone shooting and such at the Major he finally stops and his façade falls off of him and a bigger demon is in his place and he says “now I’ll take you to my world”

I ended up in a room fighting Asmodeous by myself. I shoot him and suddenly I show up in another “room”. (Later I hear that everyone was in some sort of room fighting Asmodeous) It was a crazy space! I see Mr. Conkling and Corman and Reggie fighting Asmodeous. I hear Aieslyn telling me to get into a room surrounded by fire. Demons are everywhere. Jonathan lands on my shoulder and tells me that I and anyone that can cast spells need to get to the top of the 4 platforms and do a ritual up there to be able to defeat Asmodeous. I teleport in and I get healed up and restored. Aieslyn teleports in with Mr. Parker into the room. Then we run out, it’s not surrounded by fire anymore, and Mr. Parker runs up one set of stairs after dispelling the magical barrier. Aieslyn dispels 2 stairs we can both go up 2 sets of stairs. I have to teleport to the top in order to get by broken stairs. I do my ritual and Aieslyn must have done hers and I guess that Marguerite showed up at some point and Jonathan told her to go up the last staircase.

Suddenly a portal of screaming spirits in the back of the ‘room’ yell out and the portal closes. Asmodeous yells out and throw Mr. Conkling after another swirling portal in the middle of the room. I’m able to use my telekinesis to make him not go into that.

Everyone’s firing and bolting and hitting Asmodeous. He eventually starts to crack and light comes out of him and then there’s a flash of bright light.

Then dark.

Then we are standing in a grass field all healed and everyone is there.

We see three Ravens flying towards us.

Then a comet streaks right across the sky aiming towards us.

It stops just before it hits us and shimmers into the form a man with armor and wings. An Angel!

He tells the Ravens to stop, and they do, he then looks at the Captain and says, “God has heard your prayer. You have 24 hours.”

The Hat then disappears off his head.

I ask the Captain what he did and he says he tried to put things right. When I ask about the hat he says it helped him in that last battle and that it left now. Probably to go back to Stone.

Aieslyn does a ritual to take us back to the Lost Cave and we meet up with the rest of the Captain’s men and Fairfax. There were some casualties as they were fighting the bloody ones. Turns out it’s been a week that we were gone fighting Asmodeous.


….May 26, 1879….

The Captain has us promise to find Father Thomas for him and since the Major is now dead I ask for something of the Father’s to try and find him. He gives me a rosary.

Hunch: I see a gaunt Father Thomas walking through the rubble of Freedom. I see soldiers in the town and people rebuilding. I can see Mr. Thomas James too.

I tell the Captain and ask him, since it’s his 24 hours, where does he want to go. He says Freedom to see his men.

Fairfax says that they have ritual that can be used to take us back to Freedom. He sets up and wooden archway that they’ve put a spell on to take them to Freedom. The ritual needs to be recast every time it’s used though.

He builds the arch and we all pass through to Freedom. I run off to find Father Thomas and bring him to the Captain.

We spend the rest of his 24 hours talking, telling stories, and drinking – whiskey is so very burny.

Finally it looks like the Captain looks tired, sits down in a chair and nods off. A shimmering light surrounds him and then his body disappears. Though his hat stayed behind.

Marguerite asks me to say a couple of words in honor of the Captain - to say good-bye from all of us.

No comments: